Mark 9:35-42 AMP
And He sat down and called the Twelve [apostles], and He said to them, If anyone desires to be first, he must be last of all, and servant of all.
And He took a little child and put him in the center of their group; and taking him in [His] arms, He said to them, Whoever in My name and for My sake accepts and receives and welcomes one such child also accepts and receives and welcomes Me; and whoever so receives Me receives not only Me but Him Who sent Me.
Joh…n said to Him, Teacher, we saw a man who does not follow along with us driving out demons in Your name, and we forbade him to do it, because he is not one of our band [of Your disciples]. But Jesus said, Do not restrain or hinder or forbid him; for no one who does a mighty work in My name will soon afterward be able to speak evil of Me. For he who is not against us is for us. [Num. 11:27-29.]
For I tell you truly, whoever gives you a cup of water to drink because you belong to and bear the name of Christ will by no means fail to get his reward.
And whoever causes one of these little ones (these believers) who acknowledge and cleave to Me to stumble and sin, it would be better (more profitable and wholesome) for him if a [huge] millstone were hung about his neck, and he were thrown into the sea.
1) If pride tempts us to want to be exalted above others, make ourselves last, make ourselves a servant, so we can learn humility and be pure of heart and know love for others, not just a love of self.
2) Have mercy and show mercy towards others, accepting them into our lives, and Christ will show mercy to us and will accept us and be a part of our lives. And if we receive the Son, we receive the Father.
3) Do not restrain or work against or forbid someone else that is doing works in the name of Jesus Christ. Do not cause division or dissention, regardless of whether we think they are right or true.
4) Loving kindness in the name of Jesus Christ and serving and loving others – Love is the fulfillment of the law, because Love is the fruit of the Holy Spirit of God.
5) If we find Christ, if we find Love, this Christ who lives in us, we are the little ones – the believers. But those who love the darkness and run from the light, and those that would make it harder for these little ones by laying stumbling blocks in their way – for them, the outlook is bleak. So don’t tempt them with sinful pleasures, and don’t spread the yeast of the Pharisees.