“Now listen to the explanation of the parable about the farmer planting seeds: The seed that fell on the footpath represents those who hear the message about the Kingdom and don’t understand it. Then the evil one comes and snatches away the seed that was planted in their hearts. The seed on the rocky soil represents those who hear the message and immediately receive it with joy. But since they don’t have deep roots, they don’t last long. They fall away as soon as they have problems or are persecuted for believing God’s word. The seed that fell among the thorns represents those who hear God’s word, but all too quickly the message is crowded out by the worries of this life and the lure of wealth, so no fruit is produced. The seed that fell on good soil represents those who truly hear and understand God’s word and produce a harvest of thirty, sixty, or even a hundred times as much as had been planted!”
Milk – Points made clearly at the surface level to identify both our need for Christ and His promise of Hope
1) Hearing doesn’t equate to understanding.
2) Receiving it with joy doesn’t mean that we will persevere under our own power
3) Remaining “half in” the world is not being in the Kingdom of God
4) Hearing and understanding results in an “all in” life where Christ is alive in you producing fruit abundantly
Bread – Warning Signs we should understand to Keep us Walking Faithfully
– ignoring the Word of God
– denying the truth of the Word of God
– emotional reaction but no real change, no repentance
– using grace as an excuse to be free to continue in sin
– remaining tied to unbelievers and things in our lives that do not glorify God
– not standing firmly on the Word of God
– not sharing in truth and love the gospel of Jesus Christ to a world lost in darkness
– compromising truth to “keep the peace” instead of being a peacemaker who refuses to compromise on the Word of God
– chasing wealth or relying upon ourselves for our confidence and assurance instead of taking comfort in the Lord regardless of our circumstances
– allowing our circumstances to dictate our outlook, resulting in either worry or false confidence, instead of trusting in the Lord
Meat – Signs that we are applying His Word and alive in His Love
1)Bearing a harvest of much fruit
But the Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. There is no law against these things!
http://bible.com/59/1jn.2.4.ESV Whoever says “I know him” but does not keep his commandments is a liar, and the truth is not in him,
3) Love each other
http://bible.com/59/1jn.2.9.ESV Whoever says he is in the light and hates his brother is still in darkness.
4) Love doing the will of God
Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him.
5) Believe and Declare to the world that Jesus is Christ, Lord of Lords
Who is the liar but he who denies that Jesus is the Christ? This is the antichrist, he who denies the Father and the Son.
Call to Action
Examine ourselves. Know the warning signs and avoid them. Faithfully follow through on God’s divine instruction for our life. Love God with our everything. Yes, our everything. And if we do, it should come out as love pouring out onto others – not religious zealotry, not spiritual pride, not comparison of ourselves to others, but a life laid down as a living sacrifice serving and helping others.
Christian? Do you look like Christ?
He said pick up your cross and carry it. There is no better time than now.