Open with prayer and praise, including children. Read a preselected verse/passage/parable, and ask each child a question:
1) PEOPLE: name one person or group of people in the story
2) DETAILS: tell me what happened first, next, last
3) LESSON: what do you think this is meant to teach us?
*dismiss children to play*
Book of Proverbs
Father to Son
Explain format and expectations.
1) Daily chapter to start our day – first fruits.
2) Write it down, carry it with us & remember it.
3) Make notes.
4) Each person will share something each week in group gathering.
Praise reports & prayer requests – maintain list on private group online
*call children back in*
Start your morning reading or listening to the day’s chapter – and pick one verse that stands out to you. Write it down at the top of your journal page. Pray that God will renew your mind by His Word. Carry your journal with you each day and try to check it occasionally and think about the verse you chose. Jot down any related thoughts or circumstances that apply if you can.